Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: For Telecine Transfer what camera do you use?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Jermone,

    Read my website here where I talk about telecine transfers:
    http://www.super8mm.org/edit.html
    I kinda explain how each process of transferring works.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jukkasil:

    Just visit at my transfer 8mm site and try to load some of these mpg-files there (some of these ones are very big).
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hi jukkasil,

    Great examples on your site. I am curious about something. You state on your site that every frame is scanned in as a bitmap. I also understand you are using a Sony DCR-PC100 Digital Video Camera which used the 1 Mega Pixel CCD.

    So my question is, are you using the functions of the camera (Digital STill Capture), or are you using the functions of the software (Batch File Capture) to pull the images in. Either way I hope my new camera will have the same great quality you do. I mean you got a Zeiss lens and the 1/4th inch HAD Mega Pixel CCD. Will my progressive scan 1/3rd inch CCD compare in quality? Only time will show.

    Oh, you may want to change the color of your video file links to something other than black. I didn't know for a while they were even links. Just a suggestion.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Jerome Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jukkasil, I have hard time to spell your name because it is so different but cool name though. I checked your site. I learned about it. I am curious about period of K40 in 70's super K40 and today's super K40. Are they the same because I noticed ebay so have k40 but 70's I am not sure about it. Curious about your respond to Konton about batch and ccd. Jerome

  3. #13
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Konton:


    I am curious about something. You state on your site that every frame is scanned in as a bitmap. I also understand you are using a Sony DCR-PC100 Digital Video Camera which used the 1 Mega Pixel CCD.

    So my question is, are you using the functions of the camera (Digital STill Capture), or are you using the functions of the software (Batch File Capture) to pull the images in.

    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>


    I'm using Canopus Raptorvideo-software, which has still capture-mode I use with Sony PC-100. My frame resolution is normal 720x576 (PAL).

    I still haven't found out have to use that megapixel-still-image-option with Workprinter. I'd need suitable software, which could capture frames from camera to PC using this still image resolution. Sam problem with better digital still cameras.


    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Either way I hope my new camera will have the same great quality you do. I mean you got a Zeiss lens and the 1/4th inch HAD Mega Pixel CCD. Will my progressive scan 1/3rd inch CCD compare in quality? Only time will show.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I don't think that Zeiss lens has so much influences during transfering with WP.

    But the bigger CCD will make your transfer quality even better than mine!

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, you may want to change the color of your video file links to something other than black. I didn't know for a while they were even links. Just a suggestion.[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>


    OK, Thanks for an advice, I'll change them soon.

    Regards

    Jukka Sillanpaa
    http://www.sorb-i-tol.com/transfer8mm.html

  4. #14
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerome Cain:
    Jukkasil, I have hard time to spell your name because it is so different but cool name though.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    HEH!

    You know, my real name Jukka Sillanp?? is very common here in Finland, but from your side it really sounds different!

    It's like the name Jorma Kaukonen (the man who played guitar in Jefferson Airplane at 60's), very normal name here in Finland, but sounds like from outer space in U.S.A!

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I checked your site. I learned about it. I am curious about period of K40 in 70's super K40 and today's super K40. Are they the same because I noticed ebay so have k40 but 70's I am not sure about it. Curious about your respond to Konton about batch and ccd. Jerome</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    There are some little differences between old stocks and newer ones, especially Kodachrome II and K25 stocks differ much from K40.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member calgodot's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's like the name Jorma Kaukonen (the man who played guitar in Jefferson Airplane at 60's), very normal name here in Finland, but sounds like from outer space in U.S.A! </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Aren't Finns from outer space? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    For the record, this is the post that sparked the Moviestuff quote that Cal quoted out of context:

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerome Cain:
    I must misread,... 3ccd may be an answer which can do 24p for film to transfer to digital format. I would go for mutliplexer lens than homemade telecine. Bet it is fun but,... pardon my before statment. Jerome, misunderstood deaf and dumb filmmaker</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c&f=409&t=2769

    Tom

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Roget's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a question about the edge enhacement used in Mini-DV. Since this is one of big differences between DV & Super-8 everyone on this list points out, I'd like to hear your opinions on the effect this has when using a DV camcorder to transfer film using a Workprinter or similiar method.

    Does anyone know if the edge enhancement added by the camcorder's CCD(s), or is it added at the same time the video is being compressed and recorded to tape?

    I noted that Roger Evans uses a 700+ line resolution camera in his transfers. With this scenario, would a DV tape of the transfers have the same level of edge enhancement as one made with a DV camcorder, or none at all?

    Thanks,

    Roget

  8. #18
    Inactive Member random8's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a question which isn't exactly on the topic of this thread, but it doesn't really warrant a new topic, so I'll post it here.

    I recently shot my first roll of super 8 (expecting it back from the lab tomorrow!), and I want to transfer it to video -- it doesn't have to be great quality, the footage isn't that important (more a test of the camera than anything else). I'm not going to edit this video into a movie or anything; I just want to have it on videotape for viewing.

    My question is, what kind of results would I get from running the film through a projector and pointing a video camera at the screen? I have access to a Panasonic 3CCD DVcam. It has adjustable shutter speeds, so I should be able to get rid of most of the flicker. It also has manual white balance and color balance; everything is adjustable -- it's a pretty high end DVcam. I would tape the output from the camera using a broadcast quality SVHS deck. Does anyone know what kind of results this will give me? I don't have high expectations for it -- just something that is pleasing to watch and doesn't look too much like some guy pointed a camcorder at a movie screen.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 09, 2003 11:23 PM: Message edited by: random8 ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •